Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Liam & Clint

I just rented and watched Unknown.  I was, once again, pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the main actor.  There are actually two actors that I've really been surprisingly digging the past few years, Liam Neeson and Clint Eastwood.  They aren't the first names I think of when I'm contemplating current Hollywood stars, but they are both solid performers.  It's impressive that Clint is even still working, and Liam's movies in the past year have been stellar (Taken and Unknown).  Here are my favorite movies of theirs.



Liam Neeson movies I love (well some I only really like), in order:

  1. Love Actually (The best romantic comedy ever.)
  2. Taken (This movie makes me not want a daughter.)
  3. Unknown (Liam is totally badass out of nowhere.)
  4. Batman Begins (This was a solid movie with or without Liam.)
  5. Schindler's List (Liam was Schindler, if you didn't know.)
  6. Next of Kin (One of the 4 Patrick Swayze movies I can name, but I like them all.)
  7. Leap of Faith (I saw the musical version of this with Brooke Shields.)
I had no clue Liam was in a few of these older movies until after I IMDB'd him.




Clint Eastwood movies I love (and some I like), in order:

  1. Unforgiven (Best contemporary western ever.  Maybe best western ever.  Trust me, I took a class.)
  2. Million Dollar Baby (The last time I almost cried was the end of this movie.)
  3. Gran Torino (The ending was the biggest twist I would have expected for a Clint flick.)
  4. Mystic River [Director] (I always happen to find this on TV on lazy Sundays, much like Shawshank.)
  5. Every Which Way But Loose (Wait, Clint can be funny, and he can hang with an orangutan?)

Again, I had no idea Clint had directed Mystic River until I IMDB'd him.

If nothing else, you should really go see the first two movies from each list.  If you don't like them, I'll reimburse you the rental fees.  (I'm lying, but I doubt you won't like them.)

Annie hates it when I talk about famous people as if we're tight, which is why I like to use their first names only,
~RoB

No comments:

Post a Comment