Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Whitney Tribute

I'm not really good at being sappy.  So, I'll let her do it.  She's been singing in my head all morning anyway.
We're alone now, and I'm singing this song to you.
I love you in a place where there's no space or time.
You are a friend of mine.
I'll never ask for too much, just all that you are and everything that you do.
I get so emotional, baby, every time I think of you.
Ain't it shocking what love can do?!
Where do broken hearts go?
Can they find their way home?
It's not right, but it's ok.
I'm going to make it anyway.
Goodbye.  Please, don't cry.
I hope you have all you dreamed of.
I will always love you.
I can't really explain why this caught me so off guard.  I mean, I'm more than aware of her drug problems.  I guess I always assumed she would pull through.  When she released her last album, I was so excited that she was on the rebound.  When it wasn't great (which is still better than I'll ever be), I figured that she was going to work her way back to the greatness she once was.  That's, apparently, not how drugs work.  Ya know, same script, different cast.  It'll be her catchphrase, and her internet obituary, but that is because it is so thoroughly true:

Crack is whack,
~RoB

No comments:

Post a Comment