Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oops, Wrong Person

*North end of the building* I texted, to notify my labmate and his fiance where the conference dinner was being held.  Though we had met in passing a few times, I had never really had a chance to sit down and talk to his fiance.  I really liked my labmate, so I was pretty sure I was going to like his fiance, and tonight was a perfect opportunity to find out.  *Say the password, and avoid our advisor*

Skip ahead almost 2.5 hours to the end of a dinner with plenty of really, really interesting conversation.

I had been holding a good, long pee.  As I was standing at the high-efficiency urinal, I decided to send off a quick text to Annie.  *Just found out new labmate had testicular cancer and stored sperm before surgery.  I had a long, detailed convo w/ his fiance.*  -Send-

Shit.  I didn't send that to Annie.  In the midst of peeing, I hadn’t checked to make sure who I was texting.  She’s the only person I ever really texted.  *Oops, not Annie*

A few minutes later, as I was about to reach my car at the parking garage, I got a reply.  *Nope. Not Annie, but thanks.*

I had forgotten that I had sent my labmate that quick text telling him where to find dinner at the beginning of the evening.  So, I actually sent that descriptive text message about my labmate's man basket... to my labmate.  I'm pretty sure he had no clue how much his fiance had been spilling throughout the dinner.  I'm really, really good at extracting juicy details.  I'm CIA caliber.

I had no clue what to do and could only reply with the first thing that came to my mind: *…awkward*.

You can now enjoy this story in picture format:

Screw auto-correct.  Start a website called 'Oops, Wrong Person',
~RoB

2 comments:

  1. There is a website, it's run by the same person who does "Damn You, Auto-Correct!" It's called "Wrong Number Texts".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. There goes my million dollar idea.

    ReplyDelete