Tuesday, February 1, 2011

If I took the ACT again

My score would be higher (maybe only a point or two, but that's huge above 30).  I took the 2004 ACT at Huntington Learning Center as part of a tutoring interview.  I got a 32 on the Reading (missed 4/40), and a 28 on the English (missed 10/75).  I didn't have to take the math or science, since I got a 32 on the Science in high school, along with a 34 on the Math.  I got a 31 overall in high school, and that was with english/reading in the mid 20's.  I'm not sure how ACT calculates the composite score, but I'm guessing I'd do pretty well now.

They called to tell me that, and offer me a tutoring position.  I turned them down because I didn't want to work all my weekends through June.  They asked if they could work around me leaving every other weekend, if I would consider.  They apparently really liked my enthusiasm, personality, and background.  I told them I'd consider it, and I'm supposed to call them after my PowerWorks interview tomorrow.

When it rains, it pours, or snows like a mutha%$#@!,
~RoB

No comments:

Post a Comment