Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday Food

I've mentioned I'm a little bit of a foodie.  I like to consider myself a budding chef.  I cook a lot for Annie (I told her that she should have a segment on her blog called "Things Rob Puts in My Mouth".  She didn't think that was an appropriate food segment title.)  Anyway, in celebration of the big day, I thought I'd let you all in on my menu:

The day started off with Monte Cristos: thick-sliced bacon with cream cheese and Mary Ellen's pure boysenberry jam on two thick slices of french toast, freshly sliced from a large french loaf.  My french toast egg-wash is made with eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and cinnamon.  After the sandwiches were pressed together, I topped them with cinnamon/brown sugar and powdered sugar.  So good!

On the menu for the big game are:
  • Spicy/Cheesy Guacamole, a recipe from Tamarindo, Annie's favorite Mexican restaurant in Oakland.
  • Chili Cheese Dip: bottom layer of cream cheese, a layer of Hormel No Bean Chili, and top layer of a blend of shredded Mexican cheeses all melted in the oven.  Tortilla chips help scoop this deliciousness in your mouth.  Ritz work, too!
  • Speaking of Ritz, we're making two recipes from Guy Fieri's Super Bowl Ritz Recipes.  I was really excited for the southern Chicken 'n Slaw Ritz.
  • Annie really wanted to try the Asian Zing Shrimp Ritz.
  • Cream Puffs (These are store-bought, frozen, but they're good.  Best with hot fudge and confectioner's sugar.)
I'm sure the food will more than live up to this big day.  I hope you all will get to enjoy great food, too.  Have a good one!

Cheering for the (Fudge) Packers cuz they're not the Steelers, and they're reppin' NFC North,
~RoB

No comments:

Post a Comment