Monday, April 18, 2011

Pros & Cons of Dog Ownership

A few months ago I started working on a follow up about Angel describing all of the engineering Annie and I did to try and keep him in his kennel.  I never got around to finishing it (I have something like 25 posts that I've worked on and haven't finished or decided not to publish).  Sure, he had one day where he ate 3 Cadbury Creme Eggs and wouldn't throw up, and we had another incident where he tore through the trash to eat some Alfredo sauce, but, in general, he's been better lately.  We bought a topper for his kennel that straps down and doesn't allow him to come out.  So, the household is generally happier.  Somebody needs to clip his nails though.

He gets really excited if you come home and lay in bed.

That happened when I came home the other day.  He was falling off the bed, and in an attempt to steady himself, dragged one of his nails across the entire width of my arm.  I don't want people to think that Angel is difficult.  Actually, in the mornings, he is the best snuggle-buddy ever in the history of existence.
Yeah, that's right.  He's covered up, snuggling, using Annie's pillow to sleep.
Annie's in Disneyland with the fam right now, so most of the time I'm home, Angel and I are snuggled up exactly like this.  He'll definitely get all pretty (bathed, clipped, brushed) for this weekend's Easter activities, in hopes he doesn't bite any kids this time...

Be jealous,
~RoB

1 comment: